THE WAR OF MUSIC (6J/5S)
THE MUSICAL FIREWORKS (4PY/K)
DRAWING SOUND (6P)
GRYFFINDOR V’s SLYTHERIN (3K)
FAST & FURIOUS (6J)
NO SIGNAL (6WP)
- THANK YOU VERY MUCH and well done to everyone who auditioned this week – the quality of song writing and performance was higher than ever. Deciding the top 12 bands this year was incredibly difficult (Miss Rusbatch agonised over some of the decisions). Factors affecting selection included performance confidence, great band cohesion, consistent tempo, impressive lyrics with emotive/narrative content, strong instrumental performances, vocal harmonies and good song structure.
- 60 Bands auditioned – 188 children in total
- ASTONISHINGLY, 49 of the 60 bands performed their own song in audition
- 12 bands made it through to the final (see above)
- 48 bands did not make it through to the final
- Feedback will be given to all bands next week during lunchtime drop-in slots.
- The final will take place on Tuesday 20th March in the school hall 18:00-19:30.
- Miss Rusbatch will soon be in touch with the families of the finalists with information about the tickets, guest performers and the judges.