- Band Members: minimum of 1 – no maximum number (from any year group and class). A child may be in more than one band, but this isn't recommended by Miss Rusbatch.
- Band Manager: responsible for overseeing the Band’s name, look, staging, song choice, projections, promotion and marketing. The band manager can also perform as part of the band.
- Song choice: Any genre and any combination of instruments and/or voice will be permitted. Bands can perform a cover, medley or a ‘mash-up’. Bands will receive bonus points for own compositions (if they’re good quality). Bands may also perform pieces that are entirely instrumental (not involving any vocal performance).
- Bands cannot use any form of pre-recorded music e.g. backing tracks or karaoke tracks on CD.
- Song cannot be more than 5 minutes in length.
- All entry forms must be handed in by Friday 12th February.
- Auditions: 22 - 26 February at lunchtime in the music room
- The top 12 bands will compete in the final Battle
- FINAL Battle on Wednesday 9th March 2016
- Tickets to be booked online first week of March
- Judges: Arts Industry Professionals
- Prize for the winning band: perform a concert at Downs Infant School, names placed on the Battle of the Bands trophy, organise own concert as part of the Downs Junior Summer Concert in July.
- Guitar / Bass -
Lisa De Simone
- Violin / Viola -
- Cello -
- Flute / Recorder -
- Saxophone / Clarinet -
- Brass -
- Piano -
- Drum Kit -
- Voice -
- 01273 293524 -
Children can only receive tuition for ONE instrument during class curriculum lesson time